Recipe from sweetrevelations.wordpress.com
5 slices of ready
made pound cake cut into small cubes
250 g cream cheese softened
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 lemon zested
1/4 cup sugar
wild blueberry sauce – I used about 1 1/2 cups of my homemade Wild Blueberry and Lemon Preserves (here)
1. Whip cream cheese, vanilla, cream, lemon zest and sugar in a small bowl until soft peaks form.
2. I layered the cream cheese whip, pound cake and blueberry sauce in disposable plastic wine cups. Yield 7 dessert cups.
Recipe from mymansbelly.com
Summary: Makes 4 Sandwiches
1 1/2 Pound Lobster (steamed and cleaned)
1 Tablespoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Modern Green Goddess Dressing
Top Split Buns
Mixed Baby Green Lettuce
- To steam the lobster fill a stock pot with one inch of water and add in the tablespoon of salt.
- Cover the pot and bring water to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the lobster to the pot (it’s easier if you put it in head first) and cover.
- Steam for 15 minutes (add 2-3 minutes for every 1/4 pound over 1 1/2 pounds).
- Remove the lobster from the pot to cool.
- Once cooled, begin to remove the meat from the lobster. To get the tail meat out in one piece, twist the base of the tail from the body. Use a large knife and carefully cut through the protective layer on the underside of the tail. Once cut through, grab the tail on either side and pull the two sides in the opposite direction that they curve (from the sides, pull each side toward the other). This should release the tail meat in one large piece.
- The claw and knuckle meat can be removed by using a nut cracker to crack the shell and carefully pull and pick the meat out.
- Once the meat is removed, roughly chop it into chunks and toss into a bowl.
- Mix the dressing with the lobster meat and then place in the fridge to chill.
- Spread butter on the insides of the top split buns (Peppridge Farm makes a nice one). Heat a saute pan over high heat and place the buns, butter side down on the pan, and cook until well browned (you could also do this on the grill).
- Add a few pieces of lettuce to one side of the bun, then spoon the lobster meat into the bun.
- Add a layer of potato chips to the sandwich on the same side as the lettuce.
- Continue doing this with the rest of the lobster meat.
The Quote pillow comes from witandwhistle.com
fabric item you want to stencil on
a letter stencil
a fabric marker
Read more here
I've made blankets this way but I never thought to stuff them and make a dog bed! Would work as a floor pillow for kids' reading nook in the playroom.
Creamy Margarita Popsicles
These popsicles really taste like popsicles, not just frozen liquid that’s almost impossible to enjoy. They’re creamy, they’re lime-y, they’re salty, and they’ve got tequila in them.
1¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 8 limes), plus 4 limes for stabilizing the popsicle sticks
1 (14oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup water
¼ cup tequila
2 tablespoons orange juice (optional)
Kosher salt or margarita salt
Head over to Host The Toast for the full recipe and instructions.
Tutorial from remodelaholic.com
List of Tools:
- table saw (for ripping cap to 2 1/4”, you could use a 1×3 if you don’t have a table saw)
- miter saw (for cutting the lumber to length and the angles)
- utility knife (for shaving edges of pine boards)
- framing square
- tape measure
- sander block
- sand paper
- 4” foam brush
- old rag
See the step by step tutorial here
Delicious Crostini from cbolt.com
- 1 baguette, cut into 1/4 inch slices, cut on the diagonal
- 1 jar orange marmalade (about 1 1/2 teaspoons per baguette slice)
- 1/4 pound brie, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 chop chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spread each baguette slice with about 1 tablespoon of orange marmalade. Next, add a piece of brie to each slice. Place baguette slices face side up on a large baking sheet. Bake for 4-5 minutes, or until the brie is melted. Remove from oven.
3. Top cheesy baguette slices with a few dried cranberries and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Serve warm.