Hooray for homemade pickles! Let them wait at least 7 days so the flavors have time to mellow and mingle.
This recipe comes from apt2bbakingco.blogspot.com
Classic Dill Pickles
adapted from the Food in Jars Cookbook
yield, 4 pints of pickles
2 cups apple cider vinegar
3 teaspoons pickling salt
8 garlic cloves, peeled
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, divided
4 teaspoons dill seed, divided
2 teaspoons black peppercorns, divided
1 overflowing pint pickling cucumbers (I think I fit about 4 small cukes per jar)
1. Prepare and sterilize four pint jars, preferably regular mouth. Place the lids in a small saucepan, cover with water and simmer over very low heat.
2. Combine the vinegar, 2 cups water and the pickling salt in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
3. While the brine is boiling, add 2 garlic cloves, 1/4t red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon dill seed, and 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns to each sterilized jar. Trim the blossom ends from the cucumbers, cut them lengthwise into spears and pack them tightly into the jars. Alternately, you can pickle the cucumbers whole.
4. Carefully pour the hot brine over the cucumbers in each jar, leaving 1/2 inch of headspace. Gently tap the jars on a kitchen towel to release any air bubbles, then use a wooden chopstick to dislodge any remaining air bubbles in each jar. Check the headspace again and add more brine if necessary.
5. Wipe the rims, and apply the lids and rings to the jars. Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes, then let the pickles cure for at least 1 week before eating.
Insanely delicious chicken dinner that is easy to make from swankyrecipes.com
8 chicken legs
1 large onion, cut into eighths
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sectioned in half
1 package cream cream cheese (Philadelphia)
8 pieces (about 2 - 3 cm) fresh rosemary
8 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F.
- At the bottom of a casserole dish put pieces of onion and garlic. Wash chicken legs, dry and sprinkle with salt and smear each with 1 tablespoon oil. Under the skin put one flat tablespoon of cheese and a piece of rosemary.
- Lay the chicken legs on the onions and put into the preheated oven and bake, uncovered, in the middle rack for about 60 - 70 minutes. Let it first bake for 50 minutes, then cover it with foil and close oven for another 15 minutes.
- Pour the juices over the top if desired and serve warm.
Here are some great DIY ideas made from copper pipes. Get inspired, grab some pipes and give your home an instant WOW effect!
Copper hooks made from plumbing parts. For instructions, go to Bambula.
Diy trivet. Via tutorial
Diy candle holder. Via tutorial
A beautiful candle holder made by Jorge de la cruz. Via...
Creative homemade coat rack. Go to WeekDayCarnival for instructions
DIY abstract copper artwork. Go to Jade and Fern for tutorial
DIY copper ladder storage. Via tutorial
Diy copper pipe towel rail. Via...
Click on the images below to see more creative copper pipe ideas
Antonio Bellusci shows in the video below how to make copper pipe candle holder.
Here’s a delicious dessert From The Kitchen
Head over to From The Kitchen for the full recipe and instructions.
A very cute & easy way to make a place for all of your necklaces.
Here you can find a step by step tutorial from wellitsokay.blogspot.com
white craft paint to mix fading colors.
We came across a tutorial for these amazing paper house luminaries and mobile on the Just Something I Made. Designed by Cathe a graphic designer, crafter, creative blogger and flea market enthusiast. Here... you can download them for free.
So beautiful and creative :)
If you liked this project, you might also like viewing: Paper Crafts