Dress up your cutlery with this creative and adorable Santa holder. It's made out of an old jeans skirt and felt. Such a great decoration idea for the Christmas table this year!
Hop on over to Les Tissus Colbert for a free template.
Click on the images below to see more great ideas for your Christmas table!
It is so easy and fun to work with cement. You can create many cool things out of cement for your home, like these beautiful cement votives from Say Yes To Hoboken
Click here... for full instructions
Click on the images below to see more great cement ideas.
This delicious recipe comes from Nigel Slater simply-delicious.co.za
splash of olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
125g bacon/pancetta, sliced into thin strips
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
8 chicken pieces on the bone (I used 4 thighs and 4 drumsticks)
250g portabellini mushrooms, sliced
500ml Riesling (or dry white wine of your choice)
salt & pepper to taste
handful chopped parsley
- Melt the butter and oil together in a large pan.
- Brown the chicken pieces all over and remove from the pan.
- Add the onions and bacon and allow to fry until the onions are soft and translucent and the bacon has rendered it’s fat.
- Add the garlic and allow to saute for another 30 seconds before removing the mixture from the pan (leaving the fat behind).
- Add the mushrooms and allow to fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and bacon mixture along with the browned chicken back to the pan.
- Pour in the wine and allow to come up to a boil. Turn down the heat and cover. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, uncover, turn up the heat and add the cream. Allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped parsley and season to taste.
- Serve with rice, pasta or crusty bread.
This can't go wrong!
If you are hungry for more great chicken recipes, click on the images below
Give your home a joyful sound this Christmas with a beautiful jingle bell wreath!
Click on the picture of Martha Stewart to learn how to make your own. Enjoy!
Bacon & Egg Tarts
Great recipe for breakfast or brunch
1 cup wholemeal plain flour
3/4 cup plain flour
125g butter, chopped
2 to 3 tablespoons chilled water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
5 rashers bacon, fat trimmed, chopped
80g baby spinach leaves, trimmed
1/4 cup thickened cream
1 egg yolk, whisked
mixed salad leaves, to serve
Hop on over to taste.com for full instructions
If you are hungry for more great brunch or breakfast recipes, click on the images below