- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 pints blackberries
- 3/4 cup milk
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
· Preheat the oven to 350˚. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a medium bowl. Press onto the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan.
· In a large bowl, use a handheld mixer to combine the cream cheese with the sugar until smooth. Blend in the milk, then beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in the sour cream, flour, and vanilla until smooth. Divide the mixture between two bowls.
· In a food processor or blender, purée 1 pint of the blackberries with the lemon zest and juice. Pour the purée into one bowl of the cheese mixture along with the remaining 1⁄2 pint of whole blackberries and mix well.
Having a party? Tie vases to the fence and fill with plants or flowers.
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, place peas and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in potatoes and peas; heat through. Yield: 12 servings.
Recipe from tasteofhome.com
"OMG" these homemade Cinnamon Sugar Soft Pretzel Bites with Salted Caramel Dipping Sauce looks so delicious.
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 package active dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
6 tablespoons (3 oz) unsalted butter, melted
2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
4 1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
3 quarts water
2/3 cup baking soda
1 whole egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon cold water (egg wash)
2 tablespoons sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Being summer time we should make some extra enchantment for the kids. What kid wouldn't love this?
Here is a great tutorial on how to make this fairy door.
Tutorial from mommyblessings.com
The Pink Paloma Cocktail
- 2 ounces of silver tequila
- 1/3 cup pink grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed (about half a 4- inch pink grapefruit)
- Wedges of lime
- 3 ounces pink grapefruit Perrier
- Coarse salt, optional
Read full directions onThe Kitchn