These candle holders are great and creative. You could actually make them and use them right away, the skin will dry up from the heat from the candles.
Coming up with a name for these little blooming beauties was quite possibly the most difficult part of the whole project. With just a few strips of paper, strategic hot gluing and some string, we were able to create these charming drawstring favor holders, perfect for stashing macarons & brightening up a place setting. And guess what… they are super easy to make! Follow the jump for the step-by-step instructions & enjoy!
Using other colors is also awesome!
This article comes from the amazing camillestyles.com
Paula Jones at bellalimento.com lightened up our usual recipe by substituting the mayo with Greek yogurt! It’s thick, creamy and in my opinion beats mayo any old day of the week. It still has all of the zing and tang that you expect from ranch dressing just lightened up.
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup Voskos Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup buttermilk
What To Do:
- In medium bowl, stir together sour cream, Greek yogurt, parsley, chives and garlic paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add 1/3 cup buttermilk. If mixture is too thick, add more buttermilk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired thickness.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving to blend flavors.
Blogger Paula Jones from bell'alimento shares a twist for strawberry shortcakes.
- 1 In medium bowl, toss strawberries and 1/2 cup of the sugar until coated. Let stand 1 hour.
- 2 Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cocoa, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, the milk and butter until soft dough forms. Stir in chopped chocolate. Drop dough by about 1/3 cupfuls onto cookie sheet.
- 3 Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tops of shortcakes appear dry and cracked. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool 15 minutes.
- 4 Using serrated knife, split warm shortcakes; place 2 halves on each dessert plate. Top each serving with strawberries, about 1/2 teaspoon caramel sauce and 1/4 cup whipped topping. Garnish each with another 1/2 teaspoon caramel sauce drizzled over top.
I have no clue what I would wear these with, or what event they would be appropriate for, but these are pretty awesome regardless.
You can make your own spray ink? All you need is a spray bottle and acrylic paint. Mix 2 parts paint to 1 part water and shake to mix.