Grilled pears with your grilled food is surprisingly good!
· 2 tablespoons honey mustard
· 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 teaspoon lemon juice
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
· 2 ripe pears
· 2 ounces Brie cheese, cut into 4 slices
· 4 teaspoons chopped pistachios, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat an 8-inch-square (or similar-size) metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk mustard, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut pears in half lengthwise, hollow out the core and slice a small piece off the other side so they will lie flat when served. Brush all over with the mustard glaze and place cored-side down in the prepared pan.
- Bake the pears for 30 minutes, basting halfway through with the glaze. Gently turn them over, baste again and place a piece of Brie in the hollow of each pear. Bake until the pears are tender and the Brie is slightly softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle each pear half with 1 teaspoon pistachios.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast seeds and chopped, small or sliced nuts (pages 30, 40, 63), cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Recipe from eatingwell.com